Nung bata ako, ang dami kong gustong maging. Gusto kong maging sirena. Gusto kong maging superhero. Gusto kong maging taong ibon, yung katulad sa Mulawin. Gusto kong maging genie. Gusto kong maging artista. Gusto kong yumaman. Gusto kong maging astronaut tapos lilibutin ko buong universe. Gusto kong maging scientist kaso pinagsabihan ako noon ni Mama na yung ibang scientist daw hindi naniniwala sa Diyos. Gusto kong maging prima ballerina.
Ngayon, gusto ko na lang maka-graduate sa course kong BSA on time tapos makakuha ng board exam at makapasa sa board exam syempre at maging successful na CPA.
I don’t need you to always remember me. I just want you to not forget about me.
I’ve always wondered if God gets excited when we finally find the person He created us to be with. Or if He is watching and is like, “That was them! NO. NO. TURN AROUND! YOU MISSED THEM! THAT WAS THEM!”
“UGH, WHY ARE ALL MY OTPS WALKING BY EACH OTHER WITHOUT NOTICING!”
We are in a giant reality tv show and God and the angels are the fandom.
thunderstorms are nothing more than ship wars going on in heaven
I almost cried when I saw this part. This is what you do. You don’t continue on your way because it doesn’t involve you.
Look at the way she shields the stranger WITH HER OWN BODY.
This is what needs to happen when you see someone being bullied or harassed.
And that was when I knew that it wasn’t about me and it wasn’t about whether he was in love with me or not, he was, he is, that was plain to see. And it wasn’t about his false nobility, his attempts to make it seem like this was all about protecting me from himself, as if I was some princess or weak damsel caught in a tower of loving him, someone who didn’t know what they were getting into. It was about his fear, the thing that daggered his heart from the time he woke up to the time he went to sleep, and it was a shame, a shame that he didn’t believe in himself the way I always have, that he felt somehow undeserving enough to give me up. And now there is someone new gently slipping their hand into mine and all I keep doing is turning back, looking for my lost flame in the crowd, the man whom I would let destroy me again and again, never even lifting my shield, hoping that he will be there, hoping that he will say something that will make me stay, that he’ll reach out and grab my arm to keep me from walking away and into this new embrace, but I never see him. I never see him. That is when I knew that it didn’t matter how I ever saw him, which was completely in all of his faulted glory, and still I thought him to be some sort of magic; how he loved me, how he looked at me, how it was okay who I was, and how his own self-perceived lacks never mattered to me. I would have stayed, no matter what, I would have stayed, but none of it mattered, he was already gone, and I know that my soul is never going to be the same again after he dived head first into me, only to leave the waters when winter changed the temperature of my heart.
i’m that friend that has to walk behind the others when the sidewalk doesn’t fit a group of three
I think about this post a lot
When she’s babbling on about something. When you’re arguing. When you see her. When you’re with her. When you’re with your friends. When she cries. When shes happy. When she does something you love. After you ask her out. After she says she loves you. After you just kissed her. Before you leave. My point is, whenever you get the chance to kiss her, kiss her. It makes her feel loved.
1. Need to calculate a tip? Your date thinks numbers are fun.
2. Accountants are exceptional decision-makers.
3. They’re ethical. Accountants abide by strict accounting standards. If you like playing by the rules, an accountant might be your perfect match.
4. They’re also good at finding loopholes. Accountants know the rules so well, they can make them work for you.
5. Brains are beautiful.
6. Accountants are always learning and updating their knowledge base.
7. Accountants are not afraid of commitment. (They stuck with accounting, right?)
8. They’ve got moves like Jagger. Literally. Mick Jagger was once a student of accountancy. So was Janet Jackson.
9. They’ll take the fear out of money matters. Date an accountant, and there’s no need to fear being audited.
10. You’ll have tax-season help.
11. Accountants are both teachers and stress-relievers, helping other people make sense of confusing rules and terms.
12. If “financially responsible” is on your must-have list, look no further.
13. Got a secret? Accountants are trustworthy, reliable and can handle confidential information.
14. You’ll receive free financial advice from someone you know has your best interests at heart.
15. Accountants are up for a challenge.
By: Dave Howard, from his young professionals blog, Jump Factor
And I thought I was special.
— Excerpt from “Conversations with my Mother” (via illusionsvk)